Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Stranger 17 - Gary

August 1, 2011
The last month has been crazy and the "100 Strangers" project was at a stand-still until I was able to get caught up with other obligations. I didn't want to put if off for too long, for I was afraid I may fall back into old habits. I buckled down and caught right up.

I ventured out to the local lake after work to start up the project. The goal in mind was to look for a female subject since my last few were males. Unfortunately, I realized you can't control everything. I just finished parking my car and got my camera ready when I saw this gentleman walking back to his vehicle.

Everyone, please meet Gary.

Right towards the start, he asked me what camera I have. So we both indulged in our passion for photography. Gary is 70 years old and loves taking photos of vintage cars, classic airplanes and landscapes. He currently is using his new Canon Rebel T2i that he got from Best Buy and was telling me he had to return his lens because his autofocus was giving him trouble. Gary currently takes photos for his website he works with and loves to shoot during the "golden hour" of the day.

As we chatted, I started to tell him about the programs I use to process and he is very knowledgeable for his age on the latest technology out there. I was surprised. I gave him some pointers on my camera and how I shoot and he told me some key features on his new Canon.


Thanks Gary for leading me into your world of photography. Please enjoy the photo and I'll be e-mailing you your image.

This picture is #17 in my project of 100 Strangers.
Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers in our 100 Strangers-Group or at www.100Strangers.com

Camera: Nikon D90
Shutter: 1/800th sec
Aperture: f/3.2
Focal Length: 105mm
ISO: 200
_______________________________________________________________________________

>>Visit my NEW official site Matt Moser ll Photography for more information about me and my personal favorites.
>>Visit my blog Matt Moser ll Photoworks (Blog) to get an in-depth look at new photos and also a behind the scenes look on how I create my images.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
North Canton, Ohio, United States
Currently my profession is graphic design, but photography is my long devoted hobby. Photography has open new doors to my creativity and helps my overall designs. Eventually I plan on offer my services to the local community. Stay tuned!

Followers