Friday, June 3, 2011

Stranger 11 - Melissa



June 1, 2011
After work, decided to head down to Sippo Lake to catch the sunset and possibly rack another stranger on the way. The sun was shining bright, bright on the lake. It was certainly relaxing.

I decided to walk over to the other side of the lake to get away from the fishermen. I would hate to bother someone while there fishing and scare away their dinner.

I was caught in a phone conversation, when I spotted a young woman walking near a bench by the lake with several bags. She unpacked her gear and flopped out her laptop. As I looked closer, it was a MacBook. I knew she was cool since she was using the world's best electronics.

Please meet Melissa.

I approached her when she was setting up her computer. Melissa is currently a teacher out catching up on some of her work. I asked her if I could take a few photos of her for my 100 Strangers project. She agreed.

"If you need me to pose, let me know." She said.

I told her to continue working on her laptop. Since the sun was backlit behind her and didn't have my flash with me, I struggled to light up her face. Fortunately for me, I had Lightroom and easily masked in a brighter exposure on her face. I intended to chat a little longer with her, but she was in the middle of catching up on work. I handed her my art card and headed on my way.

Thanks for the quick photo and chat Melissa. Hope you enjoy the photo!

This picture is #11 in my project of 100 Strangers.
Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers in our href="http://www.flickr.com/groups/100strangers/">100 Strangers-Group or at href="http://www.100strangers.com/" rel="nofollow">www.100Strangers.com

Camera: Nikon D90
Shutter: 1/500th sec
Aperture: f/5
Focal Length: 105mm
ISO: 320
_____________________________________________________________________

>>Visit my official site href="http://www.moserphotoworks.com/" rel="nofollow">Matt Moser ll Photography for more information about me and my personal favorites.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
North Canton, Ohio, United States
Currently my profession is graphic design, but photography is my long devoted hobby. Photography has open new doors to my creativity and helps my overall designs. Eventually I plan on offer my services to the local community. Stay tuned!

Followers