Monday, May 30, 2011

Stranger 10 - Zuri



May 30, 2011
Yesterday I got my first rejection from a stranger. I knew it was coming sooner or later, but I knew I had to keep my head up and try again the next day.



Today, began with a early afternoon bike ride up to the college end of town. My starting point began at the bottom of the hill, all the way to the top where I finally reached the College of Wooster. I was exhausted from the extreme 90 degree weather heat and excess peddling, but it was all worth it. They have a great campus for students with plenty to do & photograph (thats if you don't get caught by security).

As I layed on the ground catching my breath, I saw this young woman walking towards my direction. She passed me and sat behind me near a bench to relax. At this point, I was too gased out to do anything, but as soon as I built up enough strength, I rode my bike towards her. She smiled as I closed in, so I knew I had a good chance she might let me take her photo.

I told her if she could help me out on a photograph project. I went through and told her all about it and she happily accepted my offer.

Everyone, I would like you to meet Zuri.

Zuri had a great name to start off with, let alone her great hair and personality. She's currently a junior majoring in political science. As we talked more about photography and the "100 Stranger" project, I found out that her sister is a photographer in the Chicago area.

Zuri was extremely kind and generous throughout our little conversation. Since she stays updated online, I gave her my card incase she wanted to dive deeper into the strangers project on Flickr.


Thank you so much Zuri for the chat and photograph. Best wishes to your studies and career. May you make a difference in the world.

This picture is #10 in my project of 100 Strangers.
Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers in our 100 Strangers-Group or at www.100Strangers.com

Camera: Nikon D90
Shutter: 1/250th sec
Aperture: f/4
Focal Length: 105mm
ISO: 200
_____________________________________________________________________

>>Visit my official site Matt Moser ll Photography for more information about me and my personal favorites.

-Matt

1 comment:

  1. Great photos and I like the idea. Good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
North Canton, Ohio, United States
Currently my profession is graphic design, but photography is my long devoted hobby. Photography has open new doors to my creativity and helps my overall designs. Eventually I plan on offer my services to the local community. Stay tuned!

Followers