Sunday, May 8, 2011

Stranger 1 - Jerry


May 7, 2011
I was on my drive home from a softball game I was shooting for my little sister and came across the Civil War Encampment at my local historical society. This place was great, so I whipped the car around and found a parking spot. The event was setup like a mini camp site during a battle during the war. Camping gear to standard firearms were displayed. They even had a section where wounded soldiers would get their limbs whacked off if injured during battle. OUCH!

As I was walking around the campsite, I came across a gentleman who was dressed up as our 16th President, Abe Lincoln. From the gecko, I had to stop him and have a quick chat. His name is Jerry and he travels around with his soldier friends teaching us about the Civil War. After we talked about the site, I asked for his photo. You cannot pass up shooting a great look-alike President. He said "sure", but warned me he may break my camera. He posed for me in a standard pose Lincoln would of stood in the 1800s. Straight upright, shoulders back and one arm by his chest. Very cool!

Thanks Jerry for the opportunity and quick history lesson. I hope you enjoy this photo.

This picture is #1 in my project of 100 Strangers.
Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers in our 100 Strangers-Group or at www.100Strangers.com
___________________________________________________________________

Camera: Nikon D90
Shutter: 1/400th sec
Aperture: f/3.2
Focal Length: 105mm
ISO: 400

>>Visit my official site Matt Moser ll Photography for more information about me and my personal favorites.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
North Canton, Ohio, United States
Currently my profession is graphic design, but photography is my long devoted hobby. Photography has open new doors to my creativity and helps my overall designs. Eventually I plan on offer my services to the local community. Stay tuned!

Followers