Sunday, May 15, 2011

Stranger 3 - Harrison



May 13, 2011
The weather forecast for the weekend was calling for nothing but crummy showers, so I had to make use of my Friday the 13th and try to find a subject for my stranger project.

The sun was setting fast and I was loosing available light. I had to find somebody. Then bam! I found these college buddies hanging out enjoying ice cream cones. I was actually pretty nervous since this was going to be my first actually asking for someone's photo. The last two were expected on the current situation. As soon as I saw them sitting on the bench, I told my girlfriend to wait for a moment while I ask these guys.

"Excuse gentlemen? I was wondering if anyone of you could help me out?"

They looked at me particular with my 105mm Nikkor Micro.

"Ummm, sure."

I told them I was working on a new personal photography project and wanted to see if any of them would mind if I took their photos. They all hesitated for a moment and then said, "sure" (Well I kinda had to push it a bit.)!

I took all their photos chowing down on their ice cream cones, until I came to this individual. His name is Harrison. He seemed a little camera shy when I asked him, but his buddies egged him on and eventually, peer pressure won. I told him I wasn't looking for anything spectatular, so he licked his cone while his buddies were trying to make him laugh.

Thanks Harrison! I hope the photo wasn't too bad for you. Enjoy your photo and cone, man!

This picture is #3 in my project of 100 Strangers.
Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers in our 100 Strangers-Group or at www.100Strangers.com

Camera: Nikon D90
Shutter: 1/200th sec
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 105mm
ISO: 640
_______________________________________________________________________________

>>Visit my official site Matt Moser ll Photography for more information about me and my personal favorites.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
North Canton, Ohio, United States
Currently my profession is graphic design, but photography is my long devoted hobby. Photography has open new doors to my creativity and helps my overall designs. Eventually I plan on offer my services to the local community. Stay tuned!

Followers