Saturday, May 28, 2011

Stranger 9 - Anonymous



May 28, 2011
Memorial Day weekend should be a awesome weekend to get some great stranger photos for my project. As it happened, I found a great indivdual as I was walking down towards the rural development area of town.

When I approached her, she was sitting on a bench with her dog. I asked her if I could take a photo of her for my 100 Strangers project. She happily accepted as long as it wasn't going to cost her anything. She was a little concerned since she still had her curlers in her hair. Told her I actually loved them and would be great addition to my photo. I don't know how they put all those curlers so neatly in their hair. It looks like a nightmare trying to individually place each one.

As I was firing off shots, I wasn't much paying attention to the background and noticed I had a kick-ass brick wall behind her. After I was done snapping off photos of her, she demanded I take a few shots of her pet dog, which I did to be polite.

She refused to give me her name, which was understandable, so I gave her a fake name to go with her personality. Emma is what I'll call her. Emma was sitting in the sun enjoying her afternoon with her dog. As we closed our talk, I asked her if she has a computer or surfs the web, but she actually gave away her computer to her grand-daughter. With that, she kindly refused my card. Thanked her for her time and departed to quench my throat.

Thanks for the photo opportunity, Emma. Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend!

This picture is #9 in my project of 100 Strangers.
Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers in our 100 Strangers-Group or at www.100Strangers.com

Camera: Nikon D90
Shutter: 1/500th sec
Aperture: f/4
Focal Length: 105mm
ISO: 400
_____________________________________________________________________

>>Visit my official site Matt Moser ll Photography for more information about me and my personal favorites.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
North Canton, Ohio, United States
Currently my profession is graphic design, but photography is my long devoted hobby. Photography has open new doors to my creativity and helps my overall designs. Eventually I plan on offer my services to the local community. Stay tuned!

Followers