Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Stranger 5 - Gregory





May 14, 2011
I knew before starting this project, there were going to be a few strangers that are a little more memorable than the others. Well, this time it happened. Instead of me going to the stranger, the stranger approached me. Let's dig a little deeper into the story, shall we?

Right before I met Jan (Stranger 4) at the church gathering, a very particular gentleman approached me. His name is Gregory.

"What kind of lens you have on?" He said to me while I was talking to my girlfriend.

I told him it was a 105mm Macro lens. Since he seemed interested in my camera, I went ahead and asked him if I could snap his photo for a project that I was working on. He hesitated for a moment and decided it was ok. I showed him his photo and introduced myself as Matt while holding my hand out for a handshake. Flip it 180 degrees and he opens his arms for a hug. WOW (You know those hugs you give to relatives that you haven't seen for some time, such as a aunt or uncle? I'm talking about the half-ass hugs where it's a hug but you desperately try not to touch the person as much as possible? That was my hug.)! I couldn't be rude.

He seemed like a nice guy. He talked about how he just got his haircut and wanted to show off his new flair.  Gregory is a Indepenent Mayor Candidate for the city and is hoping to get elected. As we closed our talk about his running for mayor and a 14-mile bike ride, he excused himself to explore the party. I thanked him for his time and I certainly won't forget the experience.

Thanks Gregory for the photo and unexpected "hello". Haha!

This picture is #5 in my project of 100 Strangers.
Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers in our 100 Strangers-Group or at www.100Strangers.com

Camera: Nikon D90
Shutter: 1/2500th sec
Aperture: f/3.5
Focal Length: 105mm
ISO: 640
_____________________________________________________________________

>>Visit my official site Matt Moser ll Photography for more information about me and my personal favorites.

-Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
North Canton, Ohio, United States
Currently my profession is graphic design, but photography is my long devoted hobby. Photography has open new doors to my creativity and helps my overall designs. Eventually I plan on offer my services to the local community. Stay tuned!

Followers